The Regency Park PTA has added new Board Roles this year to help foster positive communication and support onto the campus. These Room Representatives are individuals who will act as a ‘voice’ and liaison between the teacher(s), students and the PTA board. Our teachers are so important to the success of the PTA as trusted advisors for the students and their guardians. We also want to be a resource for the teachers to help them with projects in their classrooms!
In this role, the Representatives (RC’s) will:
- Works with teacher(s) and parents/guardians, as a parent contact and liaison, to build stronger family/ school partnerships for a classroom or grade leve
- Encourages easy, two-way communication between teachers and parents on what’s happening in the classroom to support student success
- Work through the Room Representative Coordinator help teacher(s) to identify how parents can assist with classroom activities
- Talk with other parents on campus to help in identifying parent volunteers for projects and events
- Helps to promote PTA goals, membership and activities on campus
Our Room Representative Coordinator, Mrs. Rowe, will help Room Coordinators initially connect with teachers to establish the relationship and goals for the upcoming year.
Room Representatives should be social butterflies who are on campus several times a month, and will help us “Connect the Dots!” We will help RC’s with their communication and messages to the parents- you won’t have to recreate any wheels! You’ll serve as an important ‘vehicle’ to keep Regency Park families in the loop on upcoming class or grade level activities and to grow family-school partnerships for student success.
Send us an email if you want to act as an RC for the 2017-18 school year- we’d love to have you as part of the PTA T.E.A.M!